Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 10 Unit 1 có đáp án

• 1Làm xong biết đáp án, phương pháp giải chi tiết.
  • 2Học sinh có thể hỏi và trao đổi lại nếu không hiểu.
  • 3Xem lại lý thuyết, lưu bài tập và note lại các chú ý
  • 4Biết điểm yếu và có hướng giải pháp cải thiện

Câu 1:

Choose the letter A, B, C or D the word that has the underlined part different from others.

A. benefit

B. winner

C. extended

D. gender

Câu 2:

Choose the letter A, B, C or D the word that has the underlined part different from others.

A. chore

Bgrocery

C. household

D. control

Câu 3:

A. financial

Bbenefit

C. critical

D. contribute

Câu 4:

A. heavy

Bbreadwinner

C. pear

D. weather

Câu 5:

A. burden

Bhomemaker

C. grocery

D. equal

Câu 6:

A. lifting

Biron

C. family

D. responsibility

Câu 7:

A. nurture

Bextended

C. lifting

D. critical

Câu 8:

Choose the letter A, B, C or D the word that has different stress pattern from others.

A. equal

Bextend

C. gender

D. heavy

Câu 9:

Choose the letter A, B, C or D the word that has different stress pattern from others.

A. financial

Bconvergence

C. family

D. contribute

Câu 10:

A. parent

B. burden

C. iron

D. nuclear

Câu 11:

A. nurture

B. laundry

C. confide

D. finance

Câu 12:

A. benefit 

Bcontribute

C. enormous

Dfinancial

Câu 13:

A. breadwinner

Bheavy

C. household

Dconduct

Câu 14:

A. laundry

Bextended

C. equal

Dnurture

Câu 15:

A. grocery

Bconvergence

C. critica

Dparenting

Câu 16:

Choose the letter A, B, C or D to complete the sentences

Sam didn't get much formal _______.

A. school

B. schooling

C. schooldays

D. schoolgirl

Câu 17:

All her life she had a _______ trust in other people.

A. child

B. childlike

C. childish

D. childless

Câu 18:

My father is the __________ of my family and my mother is the homemaker.

A. breadwinner

B. finance

C. household

D. nurture

Câu 19:

He is having a lot of difficulties, ___________?

A. doesn’t it

B. isn’t it

C. isn’t he

D. doesn’t he

Câu 20:

Both men and women should __________ responsibility for equal shared parenting.

A. have

B. get

C. hold

D. take

Câu 21:

We wish _______ to college next year.

A. go

Bto go

Cgoing

D. shall go

Câu 22:

An __________ family is a family with more than two generation living together under the same roof.

A. nuclear

B. happy

C. extended

D. shared

Câu 23:

He suggests _______ to France this summer time.

A. travel

B. to travel

C. travelling

D. traveled

Câu 24:

Despite _________ burden, his mother tried to raise him by herself.

A. finances

B. financial

C. financially

D. finance

Câu 25:

We would love _______ three cups of coffee.

Ahave

Bto have

Chaving

D. had

Câu 26:

I don’t know how to _______ the laundry or iron clothes.

A. do

B. make

C. have

D. look

Câu 27:

___________he is tired, he can’t work longer.

A. Because 

B. Even though

C. Although

D. Besides

Câu 28:

His idea contributes a lot ________ our project.

A. in

B. of

C. with

D. to

Câu 29:

When he was a boy, he was always willing to join in a ________ of football.

A. match

B. play

C. game

D. group

Câu 30:

__________ in Shanghai than in any other cities in China.

A. More people live

B. More people living

C. It has more people

D. More living people

Câu 31:

Read the passage below and decide whether the statements are TRUE or FALSE?

I’m Brian. I belong to a middle class family. There are six members in my family. They are our parents, grandparents, I and my younger sister. Our grandfather is the head of the family. He enjoys a commanding position. His decision is final in family matters. Nobody can dare to go against him. Everybody respects him. He is the guardian of the family. He is a cool and considerate man. He is just and fair. His decision is never influenced by any other. He is a retired teacher. He helps us in our study. Our grandmother tells good stories.

My father is a police officer. He is a great disciplinarian. He is sincere and hardworking. He always goes to office in time. My mother is a simple housewife. She is a postgraduate in English. She is soft-natured and caring. She takes great care of us. She does not care for her comfort for us. She looks after our grandparents. She helps the poor and the needy. She is religious and God-fearing.

Our family has been known for discipline and values. We give great importance to values and morals in life. Since our early childhood, we are taught to respect the elders and love the children. We learnt the lesson of punctuality and honesty from our grandfather. It is due to the good education of our grandparents that we could excel both in sports and education. Since our childhood we have been put into the habit of rising early in the morning. This has a natural effect on our health and physical fitness.

Our family is like a heaven. There is peace, prosperity, love and care. The younger’s have regard and respect for the elders while the elders shower them with their love and affection. The instructions of the elders are followed with great respect. If a member has some problems the whole family is beside him. I am proud of my family.

Question: Brian’s family has six people.

A. True

B. False

Câu 32:

I’m Brian. I belong to a middle class family. There are six members in my family. They are our parents, grandparents, I and my younger sister. Our grandfather is the head of the family. He enjoys a commanding position. His decision is final in family matters. Nobody can dare to go against him. Everybody respects him. He is the guardian of the family. He is a cool and considerate man. He is just and fair. His decision is never influenced by any other. He is a retired teacher. He helps us in our study. Our grandmother tells good stories.

My father is a police officer. He is a great disciplinarian. He is sincere and hardworking. He always goes to office in time. My mother is a simple housewife. She is a postgraduate in English. She is soft-natured and caring. She takes great care of us. She does not care for her comfort for us. She looks after our grandparents. She helps the poor and the needy. She is religious and God-fearing.

Our family has been known for discipline and values. We give great importance to values and morals in life. Since our early childhood, we are taught to respect the elders and love the children. We learnt the lesson of punctuality and honesty from our grandfather. It is due to the good education of our grandparents that we could excel both in sports and education. Since our childhood we have been put into the habit of rising early in the morning. This has a natural effect on our health and physical fitness.

Our family is like a heaven. There is peace, prosperity, love and care. The younger’s have regard and respect for the elders while the elders shower them with their love and affection. The instructions of the elders are followed with great respect. If a member has some problems the whole family is beside him. I am proud of my family.

Question: His father’s decision is the most important in his family.

A. True

B. False

Câu 33:

Question: His grandfather’s decisions can be affected by grandmother’s opinions.

A. True

B. False

Câu 34:

Question: His father is disciplined.

A. True

B. False

Câu 35:

Question: His mother is gentle and considerate.

A. True

B. False

Câu 36:

Question: His grandfather taught him how to be on time and honest.

A. True 

B. False

Câu 37:

Question: He doesn’t get used to getting up early in the morning.

A. True 

B. False

Câu 38:

Question: Family members have mutual respects within the family.

A. True

B. False

Câu 39:

Question: Every members tries to solve their own problems.

A. True

B. False

Câu 40:

Question: Brian loves his family.

A. True

B. False

Câu 41:

Choose the letter A, B, C or D to complete the passage below

Home is place where I feel heaven and my parents are the reason __________ (11) it. We, as a family have spent the best times of life. Only when we are at home, we feel happy. Both my father __________ (12) mother are working. __________ (13), we find time to share our daily experiences. My mother __________ (14) extra care to prepare the most delicious food I like and she is my best friend. My father has always been my best companion and I would say he is my mentor. Without my parents, I __________ (15) what I am today. I love my parents very much and we always wish to be the lovable family as we are now, ever.

Question 11:

A. in

B. for

C. of

D. on

Câu 42:

Home is place where I feel heaven and my parents are the reason __________ (11) it. We, as a family have spent the best times of life. Only when we are at home, we feel happy. Both my father __________ (12) mother are working. __________ (13), we find time to share our daily experiences. My mother __________ (14) extra care to prepare the most delicious food I like and she is my best friend. My father has always been my best companion and I would say he is my mentor. Without my parents, I __________ (15) what I am today. I love my parents very much and we always wish to be the lovable family as we are now, ever.

Question 12:

A. and

B. or

C. but

D. so

Câu 43:

Question 13:

AAlthough

B. However

C. Because

DTherefore

Câu 44:

Question 14:

A. dos

B. gets

C. has

D. takes

Câu 45:

Question 15:

Awould have not been

B. would not have been

C. would been have not

Dwould been not have

Câu 46:

Choose the letter A, B, C or D to complete the sentences with given words

When/ we/ go/ back/ the bookstore, we/ buy/ book/ we/ wanted.

A. When we go back to the bookstore, we will buy the book we wanted.

B. When we will go back to the bookstore, we buy the book we wanted.

C. When we go back to the bookstore, we buy the book we wanted.

DWhen we will go back to the bookstore, we will buy the book we wanted.

Câu 47:

The workers/ stopped/ work/ take/ a rest/ because/ they/ felt/ tired.

A. The workers stopped work to take a rest because they felt tired.

B. The workers stopped to working take a rest because they felt tired.

C. The workers stopped working to take a rest because they felt tired.

D. The workers stopped to work taking a rest because they felt tired.

Câu 48:

Napoleon/ attack/ the/ West Indian island/ of/ Santo Domingo/ 1801.

A. Napoleon attacks the West Indian island of Santo Domingo in 1801.

BNapoleon attacking the West Indian island of Santo Domingo on 1801.

C. Napoleon attacked the West Indian island of Santo Domingo in 1801.

D. Napoleon attack the West Indian island of Santo Domingo on 1801.

Câu 49:

Family/ play/ important/ role/ everyone’s life.

A. Family plays an important role in everyone’s life.

B. Family plays the important role on everyone’s life.

C. Family plays the important role in everyone’s life.

D. Family plays an important role on everyone’s life.

Câu 50:

Both/ parents/ should/ take/ responsibility/ child raising.

A. Both parents should take responsibility about child raising.

B. Both parents should take responsibility for child raising.

C. Both parents should take responsibility of child raising.

D. Both parents should take responsibility with child raising.

Câu 51:

Rearrange the sentences to make meaningful sentences

What/ can/ to/ you/ parents/ do/ a/ hand/ give/ with/ your/ the housework?

A. What you can do to give your parents a hand with the housework?

B. What do you can to give your parents a hand with the housework

C. What do you can give to your parents a hand with the housework?

D. What can you do to give your parents a hand with the housework?

Câu 52:

I/ when/ mother/ usually/ in/ having/ my/ confide/ problems.

A. I usually confide my mother in when having problems.

B. I usually confide when having problems in my mother.

C. I usually confide in when my mother having problems.

D. I usually confide in my mother when having problems.

Câu 53:

At/ moment/ the, we/ a/ reading/ novel/ are.

A. At the moment, we are reading a novel.

B. At the moment, we are a novel reading

C. At moment the, we are reading a novel.

D. At the moment, we reading are a novel.

Câu 54:

They/ Anna's/ telling/ new/ us/ are/ boyfriend/ about.

A. They Anna's new boyfriend are telling us about.

B. They are telling us about Anna's new boyfriend

C. They are about telling us Anna's new boyfriend.

D. They are telling us about new Anna's boyfriend

Câu 55:

He was so lazy that he never washed his clothes by himself.

A. He was lazy so that he never washed his clothes by himself.

B. He was so lazy that he never washed his clothes by himself.

C. He never washed his clothes by himself that he was so lazy.

D. He was never so lazy that he washed his clothes by himself.

Câu 56:

Rewrite sentences without changing the meaning

It is earth's gravity that gives people their weight.

A. People have weight because gravity.

B. People have weight thanks to gravity.

C. People have weight despite gravity.

D. People have weight in view to gravity

Câu 57:

He took a taxi so that he wouldn't be late.

A. In order to be late, he took a taxi.

BTo be late, he took a taxi.

C. In order not to be late, he took a taxi

D. So as to be late, he took a taxi.

Câu 58:

If he doesn’t come to the theater with me, I shall go alone.

A. I shall go alone unless he comes to the theater with me.

BI shall go alone in case he comes to the theater with me.

C. I shall go alone without he comes to the theater with me.

D. I shall go alone if he comes to the theater with me.

Câu 59:

He didn’t answer the questions correctly despite his intelligence.

A. Because he is intelligent, he didn’t answer the questions correctl

B. Although he is intelligent, he didn’t answer the questions correctly

C. In spite he is intelligent, he didn’t answer the questions correctly

D. Instead he is intelligent, he didn’t answer the questions correctly.

Câu 60:

My family has 5 people.

A. There are 5 people in my family.

B. Five people is too many.

C. There live 5 people in my family.

D. In my family has 5 people.