Đề thi học kì 1 Tiếng anh mới 11 có đáp án - Đề 15

• 1Làm xong biết đáp án, phương pháp giải chi tiết.
  • 2Học sinh có thể hỏi và trao đổi lại nếu không hiểu.
  • 3Xem lại lý thuyết, lưu bài tập và note lại các chú ý
  • 4Biết điểm yếu và có hướng giải pháp cải thiện

Câu 1:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.

A. idiot
B. idea  
C. idol
D. ideal
Câu 2:
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
A. police
B. policy
C. polite
D. pollute
Câu 3:
A. lake
B. bay
C. cane     
D. lack
Câu 4:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.

A. disrespectful
B. independent  
C. physically
D. understanding
Câu 5:
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
A. donate
B. impair
C. mental   
D. support
Câu 6:
A. cognitive
B. volunteer
C. medical    
D. physical
Câu 7:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.

I usually _______ my younger sisters when my parents are away on business.

A. pick up   
B. take care of
C. look for
D. take charge of
Câu 8:

Ms. Mai asked me how she could _______ household chores equally in her family.

A. make
B. divide    
C. give  
D. contribute
Câu 9:

Due to financial conflict over years, they decided to get _______.

A. divorced
B. engaged
C. married
D. proposed
Câu 10:

Parents are always willing to lend a sympathetic _______ to their children when they have problems.

A. hand
B. ear   
C. eye
D. paw
Câu 11:

I was encouraged to _______ for the grandest prize in the dancing competition.

A. try
B. strive
C. reach
D. achieve
Câu 12:

Our enterprise is seeking for candidates who are ______ and hard-working.

A. reliant
B. reliance     
C. unreliable
D. reliable
Câu 13:

We couldn't hear anything because of the ______ noise of the drums the next-door neighbours were playing.

A. deaf
B. deafen  
C. deafening
D. deafness
Câu 14:

The volunteer team ______ students with various visual, hearing, physical and cognitive impairments every two months to give them both financial and spiritual support.

A. call back
B. call off
C. call on  
D. call out
Câu 15:

The right of every nation is to lead its national existence free from external ____________ .

A. involvement    
B. prevention
C. interference
D. interruption
Câu 16:

ASEAN is the dynamic and harmonious community that is aware and proud of its ________ , culture and heritage.

A. characteristic  
B. identity
C. state
D. variety
Câu 17:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.

We shouldn't make an appointment with this doctor. You can see him whenever you want.

A. shouldn't  
B. with  
C. can 
D. want
Câu 18:

The chef tasted the meat cautious before carefully serving it to his special guest.

A. tasted
B. cautious 
C. carefully
D. special
Câu 19:

In this project, your responsibility is search for information about environmental pollution as much as possible.

A. responsibility
B. search 
C. for
D. much as
Câu 20:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges.

- “Hi, I'd like to buy three tickets for the Lost in Fear.” – “_______________ ”

A. How many tickets?   
B. I'm sorry. They were sold out.
C. We don't like this film.
D. You should see other interesting films
Câu 21:

“You look so sad. ________” – “I couldn't have my parent's permission.”

A. Can you help me?      
B. How do you deal with it?
C. What's the problem?
D. What should I do?
Câu 22:

1: It can be inferred from the first paragraph that ____.

A. dating doesn't mean having exclusive boyfriend or girlfriend
B. teenagers are supposed to have a steady boyfriend or girlfriend
C. teenagers date as many boyfriends or girlfriends as they can
D. young people shouldn't be allowed to date at 16
Câu 23:

2. The word “aced” in paragraph 1 is closest in meaning to ____.

A. gave up
B. misled   
C. succeeded in
D. understood
Câu 24:

3. According to the passage, what is NOT true about casual dating?

A. You can be friend with each other.     
B. You don't pair off exclusively.
C. You find your "one and only”.   
D. You meet different kinds of people.
Câu 25:

4: It is stated in the passage that steady dating ____.

A. includes a variety of things with a variety of people
B. is courtship that you ought to have in your teens
C. requires hardly any commitment
D. suits people who are in their 20s
Câu 26:

6: Which of the following would serve as the best title for the passage?

A. At what age are young people allowed to date?
B. Casual dating or steady dating.
C. Make your teenage dating by keeping it casual.
D. Popular kinds of dating for teenagers.
Câu 27:

(32) _________ may find accommodation in shelters run by voluntary organisations or get a place in a hostel, which gives them board up to ten weeks.

A. Other
B. Another
C. Others  
D. The others
Câu 28:
But who are these people? Those who are seeking a roof over their heads are mostly not runaways but “throwaways" - people who have been thrown out of their homes or forced to leave (33) _________ parental divorce, an unsympathetic step-parent or one of many other reasons
A. according to
B. because of
C. despite
D. as a result of
Câu 29:
The Shelter team met her in a (34) _________ where she was doing her physics homework.
A. hostel 
B. hotel
C. campus
D. inn
Câu 30:

The recent (35) _________ in the benefit laws mean that someone aged between sixteen and twenty-five gets less than older people and they can only claim state help if they prove that they left home for a good reason.

A. exchanges
B. varieties
C. transference
D. changes
Câu 31:
Shelter also (36) _________ that if you are homeless, you can't get a job because employers will not hire someone without a permanent address; and if you can't get a job, you are homeless because you don't have any money to pay for accommodation. It's an impossible situation.
A. finds out
B. points out
C. makes out
D. carries out
Câu 32:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.

Both disabled and non-disabled people can contribute to our community by doing voluntary work.

A. Doing voluntary work can make contribution to our community by both disabled and non-disabled people.
B. Either disabled or non-disabled people can make voluntary contribution to our community.
C. Not only disabled people but also non-disabled ones can contribute to our community by doing voluntary work.
D. With voluntary work, our community can contribute a lot thanks to both disabled and non-disabled people.
Câu 33:

He became successful as a professional writer at the age of 20.

A. He did not succeed as a professional writer until he was 20.
B. He did not write professionally until he succeeded at the age of 20.
C. He succeeded as a professional writer until he was 20.
D. He wrote professionally until he became successful at the age of 20.
Câu 34:

Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the sentence that best combines each pair of sentences in the following questions.

Billy did not find his cat in the garden. He found it in the garage.

A. It was the garden and garage that Billy found his cat.
B. It wasn't the garden that Billy did not find his cat.
C. It wasn't in the garden but in the garage that Billy found his cat.
D. Billy could not find his cat anywhere, even in the garage.
Câu 35:

There is always conflict between parents and children. However, they still should talk and share things with each other.

A. Although there is always conflict between parents and children, they still should talk and share things with each other.
B. There is always conflict between parents and children, so they still should talk and share things with each other
C. Unless there is always conflict between parents and children, they still should talk and share things with each other.
D. Not only there is always conflict between parents and children, but they still should talk and share things with each other.