Đề thi Tiếng Anh 12 Học kì 2 có đáp án (Đề 2)

• 1Làm xong biết đáp án, phương pháp giải chi tiết.
  • 2Học sinh có thể hỏi và trao đổi lại nếu không hiểu.
  • 3Xem lại lý thuyết, lưu bài tập và note lại các chú ý
  • 4Biết điểm yếu và có hướng giải pháp cải thiện

Câu 1:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.

A. needed

B. decided

C. invented

D. caused

Câu 2:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.

A. bomb

B. tomb

C. combat

D. comment

Câu 3:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in theposition of primary stress in each of the following questions.

A. university

B. sociology

C. examination

D. geographical

Câu 4:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in theposition of primary stress in each of the following questions.

A. nature

B. agricultural

C. forget

D. begin

Câu 5:

Mark the letter A, B C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.

Paris is much (A) more exciting (B) as (C) I expected (D).

A. much

B. exciting

C. as

D. expected

Câu 6:

Mark the letter A, B C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.

English (A) is speaking (B) in many countries (C) in the world (D).

A. English

B. speaking

C. many countries

D. the world

Câu 7:

Chemical engineering is based in (A) the principles (B) of physics, chemistry (C), and mathematics (D).

A. in

B. principles

C. chemistry

D. mathematics

Câu 8:

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.

Lan likes music, _________?

A. doesn’t she

B. does she

C. is she

D. isn’t she

Câu 9:

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.

If I ___ you, I would apply for that English course.

A. am

B. were

C. had been

D. is

Câu 10:

I decided _________ the dictionary you told me about.

A. bought

B. buy

C. buying

D. to buy

Câu 11:

Nowadays a large number of young people spend much time_________the Internet.

A. to surfing

B. surfed

C. surfing

D. to surf

Câu 12:

It was not until he failed the final examination _____ he realized how important the revision was.

A. that

B. who

C. what

D. and

Câu 13:

We will go out _________ the rain stops.

A. until

B. during

C. while

D. when

Câu 14:

He would not have been late for school if he _________ up early.

A. has got

B. got

C. had got

D. gets

Câu 15:

John lost the _________bicycle he bought last week and his parents were very angry with him because of his carelessness.

A. Japanese beautiful new blue

B. new beautiful blue Japanese

C. beautiful Japanese blue new

D. beautiful new blue Japanese

Câu 16:

_________you pass a chemist’s, will you get me some aspirins?

A. Did

B. Should

C. Would

D. Had

Câu 17:

Did you arrive at the station on time? – No, I missed 5 o’clock train; _________ the was an other one after 5 minutes.

A. Thus

B. Also

C. However

D. Besides

Câu 18:

Hardly _________ when the argument begins.

A. when he arrived

B. he had arrived

C. than he arrived

D. had he arrived

Câu 19:

The film was really boring. It was _________ I’ve seen.

A. the most boring film

B. most boring film

C. the more boring film

D. the film more boring

Câu 20:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.

- “Would you like something to eat?” - “ ______ . I am not hungry now.”

A. No, thanks

B. Good idea, thanks

C. Thanks, I will

D. Yes, I would

Câu 21:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the most suitable response to complete each of the following exchanges.

Mary (on the phone) : “Could I speak to Susan?” - Susan : “ _________!”

A. Talking

B. Calling

C. Answering

D. Speaking

Câu 22:

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSET in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.

The cultural and historical sites in Kyoto have been given appropriate care and maintenance.

A. preservation

B. revival

C. recovery

D. recognition

Câu 23:

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSET in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.

Our parents join hands to give us a nice house and a happy home.

A. make decisions

B. put together

C. take each other’s hands

D. work together

Câu 24:

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.

Shooling is compulsory for all English children from age 5 to 16.

A. free

B. optional

C. constructive

D. beneficial

Câu 25:

Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.

The original World Cup trophy was given permanently to Brazil to honor that country’s record third World Cup title in 1970.

A. for good

B. lastingly

C. for age

D. temporarily

Câu 26:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.

“I will help you with the housework”, Mai said.

A. Mai promised to help me with the housework.

B. Mai asked me to help her with the housework.

C. Mai begged to help me with the housework.

D. Mai insisted on helping me with the housework.

Câu 27:

Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the sentence that is closest in meaning to each of the following questions.

They couldn’t go swimming because of the cold weather.

A. The cold weather made it impossible to go swimming.

B. The cold weather prevented them from going swimming

C. Their going swimming was unable due to the cold weather.

D. The cold weather made it not capable of going swimming.

Câu 28:

I can’t help feeling worried about David.

A. I find it impossible not to worry about David.

B. I don’t worry about David.

C. I can do nothing to help David.

D. I cannot help David stop worrying.

Câu 29:

A waitress served us. She was very impolite and impatient.

A. A waitress, who served us, was very impolite and impatient.

B. A waitress, which served us, was very impolite and impatient.

C. A waitress who served us was very impolite and impatient.

D. A waitress whom served us, was very impolite and impatient.

Câu 30:

He was successful because he was determined to purse personal goals. He was not talented.

A. It was his determination to purse personal goals, not talent, that contributed to his success.

B. In addition to his determination, his talent ensured his success in pursing his goals.

C. His success lay in his natural ability, not his determination to purse personal goals.

D. His determination to purse personal goals made him successful and talented.

Câu 31:

If you do not know (31) _____ the organization is located, call for exact directions (32) ___ advance.

A. when

B. why

C. where

D. that

Câu 32:

If you do not know (31) _____ the organization is located, call for exact directions (32) ___ advance.

A. with

B. in

C. on

D. for

Câu 33:

Be (33) _____ to everyone as soon as you walk in the door.

A. happy

B. pleasant

C. disappointed

D. excited

Câu 34:

First (34) ____ are extremely important in the interview process.

A. attendances

B. attentions

C. impressions

D. pressures

Câu 35:

Women should (35) _____ wearing too much jewelry or make up.

A. avoid

B. suggest

C. enjoy

D. mind

Câu 36:

What is the main topic of this passage?

A. The number of non-native users of English.

B. The French influence on the English Language.

C. The expansion of English as an international language.

D. The use of English for science and technology.

Câu 37:

In the first paragraph, the word “emerged” is closest in meaning to____.

A. appeared

B. disappeared

C. frequented

D. engaged

Câu 38:

In the first paragraph, the word “elements” is closest in meaning to____.

A. declaration

B. features

C. curiosities

D. customs

Câu 39:

Approximately when did English begin to be used beyond England?

A. In 1066

B. around 1350

C. before 1600

D. after 1600

Câu 40:

According to the passage, all of the following contributed to the spread of English around the world _________

A. the slave trade

B. the Norman invasion

C. missionaries

D. colonization