Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh TP.HCM 2014 có đáp án

• 1Làm xong biết đáp án, phương pháp giải chi tiết.
  • 2Học sinh có thể hỏi và trao đổi lại nếu không hiểu.
  • 3Xem lại lý thuyết, lưu bài tập và note lại các chú ý
  • 4Biết điểm yếu và có hướng giải pháp cải thiện

Câu 1:

Choose the word/phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentences

“Do you like watching the news, Thang?” – “_____. It’s very informative.”

A. Yes, I do

B. Not really

C. No, I don’t

D. Quite the opposite

Câu 2:

Choose the word/phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentences.

Plastic bags seem good for carrying things. _____, people carlessly throw them away after use.

A. Because

B. However

C. Although

D. Therefore

Câu 3:

Choose the word/phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentences.

An anthem is a song which is sung _____ special occasions.

A. of

B. at

C. on

D. in

Câu 4:

It was the world’s _____ volcanic eruption in more than 50 years.

A. large

B. larger

C. the largest

D.largest

Câu 5:

The 2014 UN Day of Vesak attracted thousands of Buddhists from nearly 100 countries _____ the world.

A. on

B. at

C. around

D. above

Câu 6:

Choose the word/phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentences

In the afternoon,when Tam _____ his homework, he helps Mr. Brown on the farm.

A. takes

B. completes

C. does

D. makes

Câu 7:

Mr. Bao said, “I am so _____ of having been a Dien Bien Phu soldier.”

A. interested

B. excited

C. proud

D. keen

Câu 8:

They _____ go fishing offshore if they had a bigger boat

A. can

B. may

C. could

D. will

Câu 9:

“To the _____me to love this country.”

A. person teaches

B. man that teach

C. one who teaches

D. who teaching

Câu 10:

“_____.” -“But Grandma, the forecast say it’ll be sunny.”

A. Remember the new words by heart

B. Let’s eat out

C. Let me go shopping

D. Don’t forget to bring along a raincoat

Câu 11:

Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting

Plastic is make  from natural gases and petroleum a  thick oil that people remove from the earth

A. Make

B. Petroleum

C. Thick

D. From

Câu 12:

Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.

The festival was an opportunity to tighten solidarity and friendly to make a better society

A. An

B. Tighten

C. Friendly

D Better society

Câu 13:

Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage

If you ask me about the person who has the most influence on my life, I must (13)________ you it is my father. You ask me what I think about my father. Great! great! My father is the best person in the world. Do you know what I (14)_____ ? He is a considerate and generous man who is loved not only by his family (15)______ by all his friends. His great sense of humor (16)_______ him from others. To his colleagues, he is a (17)_____ man who is always helpful and creative in his job. In a word, my father’s terrific! I’m so happy to have him as a friend, an advisor, and (18)_____ a father. I love him so much. Happy Father’s Day, Daddy!

A. Speak

B. Say

C. Tell

D. Talk

Câu 14:

Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage

If you ask me about the person who has the most influence on my life, I must (13)________ you it is my father. You ask me what I think about my father. Great! great! My father is the best person in the world. Do you know what I (14)_____ ? He is a considerate and generous man who is loved not only by his family (15)______ by all his friends. His great sense of humor (16)_______ him from others. To his colleagues, he is a (17)_____ man who is always helpful and creative in his job. In a word, my father’s terrific! I’m so happy to have him as a friend, an advisor, and (18)_____ a father. I love him so much. Happy Father’s Day, Daddy!

A. Suppose

B. Expect

C. Believe

D. Mean

Câu 15:

A. But also

B. And also

C. But as well

D. And neither

Câu 16:

Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.

A. Amuses

B. Takes

C. Prevents

D. Distinguishes

Câu 17:

A. Hard - word

B. Working - hard

C. Hard - working

D. Work - hard

Câu 18:

Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.

A. Besides

B. Almost

C. Above all

D. At least