Giải Tiếng anh Unit 2 lớp 11 Getting Started (trang 18, 19) - Global success

• 1Làm xong biết đáp án, phương pháp giải chi tiết.
  • 2Học sinh có thể hỏi và trao đổi lại nếu không hiểu.
  • 3Xem lại lý thuyết, lưu bài tập và note lại các chú ý
  • 4Biết điểm yếu và có hướng giải pháp cải thiện

Câu 1:
Tự luận

What is a generation gap?

Listen and read (Nghe và đọc)

Bài nghe:

Ms Hoa: Good morning, class. Today, we'll talk about the generation gap. So, what is the generation gap?

Mark: Well, I think it’s the difference in beliefs and behaviours between young and older people.

Ms Hoa: You're right, Mark, So, is there a generation gap in your family?

Mark: Not really, Ms Hoa. I live in a nuclear family with my parents and brother. We understand each other quite well though we still argue over small things.

Ms Hoa: Right. We can't avoid daily arguments. What about you, Mai?

Mai: Well. I live with my extended family, and I have to learn to accept the differences between the generations.

Ms Hoa: That's a good point. Can you give us an example?

Mai: Well, my grandparents hold traditional views about male jobs and gender roles. For example, my grandfather wants my brother to be an engineer. but my brother hopes to become a musician. And my grandmother thinks women have to do all the housework.

Ms Hoa: How about your parents? Do they share your grandparents’ views?

Mai: No, they don’t. They think that we should follow our dreams. They give us advice, but never force us to follow in their footsteps.

Ms Hoa: Thank you, Mai, for sharing your experiences. You must respect your parents and grandparents, but you should also express your opinion. Now let’s continue our discussion with ...

Câu 3:
Tự luận

Find words or phrases in 1 that have the following meanings. (Tìm từ hoặc cụm từ trong 1 có nghĩa sau đây)

1. all people who were born at about the same time

2. a family that consists of a father, a mother, and children

3. a family that includes not only parents and children but also uncles, aunts, grandparents, etc.

4. disagreement about things

Câu 4:
Tự luận

Choose the modal verbs used in 1 to complete the sentences (Chọn các động từ khiếm khuyết được sử dụng trong 1 để hoàn thành các câu)

1. Mai lives with her extended family, and she (has to / should) learn to accept the differences between the generations.

2. Mai’s grandmother thinks women (have to / should) do all the housework.

3. Mai’s parents believe that children (must / should) follow their dreams.

4. Ms Hoa thinks that children (have to / must) respect their parents and grandparents.